Sexual Abuse Counseling Week 8: Find Joy In The Little Things In Life


     Life truly is wonderful. Realizing this can help you temporarily set aside anguish that you feel. Whether immersing yourself in something you enjoy or making a list, positive feelings result almost immediately. I have my own example, from my favorite flowers to my favorite food. Having this list in a reliable spot can give you something to focus on when you are feeling down. They should be little things that you would normally do without thinking:
 
     -Playing music, from the bass to the mandolin.
     -Listening to music. Jazz and classical are relaxing, country is nostalgic, and rock helps purge pent up anger.
     -Drinking black tea and black coffee.
     -The first draw of a cheap cigar.
     -Writing and reading just about anything.
     -The smell of lilacs and autumn.

     As much as I love my family, they are not little things, and one should attempt to avoid them during times of distress to ensure no feelings are hurt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Catch A Predator Update: Darke County

The "Jesus Rocks" Predator Is Telling Lies Again

Every "To Catch A Predator" Ever