Sexual Abuse Counseling Week 10: The Power Of Diet And Exercise

     Medication for depression and anxiety resulting from my abuse has had its ups and downs. However, it is definitely worth it when one is able to wake up every morning. Some medications, however, cause weight gain, and the impact this has on one's self esteem does not help depression.

     Exercise is an answer. I have lost more than 20 pounds in 2 months by eating a healthier diet and combining cardio and weightlifting. It made me confident enough to wear a tank top. It also made me realize that stuffing myself with food was really a small part of my life, a defense mechanism for sadness that only made me sadder.

     I also realized that exercise is empowering. I have taken to exercising in the morning, because I feel so liberated even doing it. Rather than internalizing aggression, it is used as energy that is released in every rapid heart pump or every muscle flex. What I once dreaded, I now look forward to!

     Exercise releases endorphins that can make you dwell on positive aspects of life rather than negatives, and, for these reasons, one cannot even consider helping their mental health without biting an initial bullet and working on their physical health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Catch A Predator Update: Darke County

The "Jesus Rocks" Predator Is Telling Lies Again

Every "To Catch A Predator" Ever